Our behaviour and style of communication determine the extent of our influence over others. But are you aware of your style? Are you able to adapt your style to the situation and your interlocutor? And how can you increase your influence?
During this course you will learn to increase your influence in a natural way, creating goodwill using your strengths while respecting others. This helps to get people on board, gain trust, put your ideas across clearly and motivate others.
- Learn with and from each other in a small group setting
- Train with a highly experienced behaviour and communication expert
- Personal plan of action provides a long term effect
- You are aware of your own style and its effect on others
- You discover other styles to develop
- You learn what sort of behaviour certain situations call for
- You learn how to create goodwill in a natural way
- You can inspire and motivate the people around you
- You can achieve more with less effort
- You increase your influence on others
- You increase your effectiveness in your occupation and organisation
- haracteristics of effective influencing
- Important aspects of effective influencing
- Types of influencing styles
- Conscious and subconscious influencing
- Perception and experience
- Your influence on your surroundings
- Verbal and non-verbal skills
- You preferred style and its effects
- Freely switching between different styles
- Inspiring and motivating others
- Real life situations and examples
- Personal plan of action
Before the course you will gain access to the interactive learning environment of ICM. Here you will fill in an online intake form in which you answer a number of questions to ascertain your personal learning goals. This way you are optimally prepared for the course.
Your learning goals are central to the meetings. By using questionnaires, exercises and directed feedback, this course is well adapted to real life situations. During the meetings there is extra opportunity for practice-oriented learning.
Personal action plan
At the end of the training you will draw up a personal plan of action which will help you bring in to practice everything you have learned. Even when the course has ended you will still have unlimited access to the ICM learning environment.
After completing the course, you will receive your ICM certificate.
Nice to know
When you attend this course in the Virtual Classroom, this study method applies.
ICM is a CEDEO-certified training institute and therefore also provides credits and hours for Permanent Education. Check if your professional association acknowledges this course for the yearly required PE points. If they don’t, please contact our study advisors on +31 (0) 30 – 29 19 888 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ICM also offers this course incompany, tailor-made for your organisation.
Locations & date
The course times are 9.30 to 17.00, comprised of 3 meetings. This course can also be followed completely online via the virtual classroom.
The course is provided in Alkmaar, Amsterdam, Apeldoorn, Arnhem, Breda, Den Bosch, Den Haag, Eindhoven, Enschede, Groningen, Heerenveen, Maastricht, Online Virtual Classroom, Roermond, Rotterdam, Utrecht and Zwolle.
The investment is € 1.495,-.
This excludes € 47,50 per day for the day arrangement or € 17,50,- per evening for the evening arrangement. For online meetings we do not charge arrangements fees.
The total investment is excl. VAT. Exemption from VAT is possible. In that case you pay 10% on top of the investment price.More information
There are various options for subsidies for both employers and private individuals to follow a training.More information
Possibilities for your employer
Many employers have a training budget that allows employees tot develop and grow in their career. You can find out what the options are within your organization by checking your terms of employment or by checking with your manager or HR.
The invoice for this course will be sent after the first meeting. If you would like to receive it beforehand, you can mention this in the comment section of your enrolment form.