Organisations are increasingly implementing Lean Six Sigma to ensure their continuity and optimise their business processes. After all, you strive for sustainable improvement in your business results. But how can you work more efficiently, generate shorter turnaround times and increase customer satisfaction? Lean Six Sigma is an international methodology that brings about this sustainable improvement. The Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt course enables you to make a unique contribution, bringing yourself and your organisation to a higher level. The course offers an excellent basis for Lean Six Sigma Green Belt.
ICM is an accredited provider of the Lean Competency System (LCS). This is an official quality mark for education and training in the field of continuous improvement. This course is certified at level 1A.
- Swiftly contribute ideas and collaborate in Lean Six Sigma projects
- Feel at home with the international standard for sustainable process improvement
- Demonstrable boost for your resumé
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt diploma in 1 month
- You gain insight into the steps in a Lean Six Sigma process improvement project according to DMAIC
- You gain insight into the most important principles of Lean Six Sigma
- You are familiar with the most important Lean Six Sigma methods and techniques and know in which phase of process improvement you can apply them
- You are able to contribute to a Lean Six Sigma improvement project led by a Green Belt or Black Belt
- You are able to identify implementation opportunities of Lean Six Sigma within your organisation
- You are able to identify success and failure factors within your organisation
- You increase your added value to the organisation
- Introduction and principles of Lean Six Sigma
- The Lean house and the five Lean principles
- What’s a Sigma? The steps in DMAIC
- Methods & techniques such as VOC, CTQ, JIT, FMEA, Defining a Project Charter
- Collecting and interpreting data
- Measuring performance
- Analysing processes
- Generating solutions for bottlenecks
- Implementing improvements
- Securing processes and guaranteeing quality
- Function and role of Yellow Belts
- Teamwork and communication with Green Belts
- Practical situations and examples
Prior to the course, you are asked to fill in an intake form including questions regarding your personal work situation. These questions help you formulate your learning objectives.
The entire course is interactive and supervised by an expert with broad experience in the applications of the Lean Six Sigma methodology.
At ICM we believe in blended learning, where individual online learning and learning as a group is combined. By gaining knowledge in advance, there is more time during a session to learn from each other.
During the course, working according to the Lean Six Sigma methodology is central. Through theory, exercises and interaction in the meetings and in the online learning environment, you will become familiar with the subject matter.
In the online learning environment, you will work on assignments together with your fellow students and exchange experiences.
After completing the course, you will receive your ICM certificate.
Nice to know
When you attend this course in the Virtual Classroom, this study method applies.
It is desirable to have experience in projects and be currently involved in improvement projects taking place within your own organisation.
Each meeting requires approximately 5 to 7 hours of study preparation. In between the meetings you will work on assignments and start working on the practical assignment in your own organisation.
The most up-to-date study material is used during the Lean Six Sigma -Yellow Belt course. This course includes an online learning environment with unique ICM material.
The Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt course at ICM offers you the opportunity to obtain the diploma:
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Diploma
During the course you will write a practical assignment. This should show you have a good command of the subjects dealt with. If you successfully complete the practical assignment you will receive the official ICM Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt diploma.
ICM also offers this course incompany, tailor-made for your organisation.
Locations & date
The course is comprised of 2 meetings spread over a period of 1 month. Course times are 9.30 to 16.30. This course can also be followed completely online via the virtual classroom.
The course is provided in Amsterdam, Arnhem, Breda, Eindhoven, Groningen, Online Virtual Classroom, Rotterdam, Utrecht and Zwolle.
The investment is € 1.195,-.
This excludes € 47,50 per day for the day arrangement or € 17,50,- per evening for the evening arrangement. For online meetings we do not charge arrangements fees.
The total investment is excl. VAT. Exemption from VAT is possible. In that case you pay 10% on top of the investment price.More information
There are various options for subsidies for both employers and private individuals to follow a training.More information
Possibilities for your employer
Many employers have a training budget that allows employees tot develop and grow in their career. You can find out what the options are within your organization by checking your terms of employment or by checking with your manager or HR.
The invoice for this course will be sent after the first meeting. If you would like to receive it beforehand, you can mention this in the comment section of your enrolment form.